domingo, 25 de abril de 2010

Listening activity (example)

Now you will watch a video about the song called “skater boy” from Avril Lavigne while you are listening to her you will have to fill the gaps with the correct words and complete the song.

link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajMpx55A_nY


He was a (1)_______, she was a (2)______
Can I make it anymore (3)_______?

He was a (4)_______, she did (5)_______
What more can I say?

He wanted her, she’d never tell
(6)____________ she wanted him as well.

But all of her friends (7)_______(8) _____ there nose
they had a problem with his(9) ________clothes.

He was a (10)_________ boy, she said see ya later boy
he wasn’t good enough for her
She had a pretty face, but her head was up in space
she needed to come back down to (11)________.

(12)_______ years from now, she sits at home
(13)___________ the (14)_________
she’s all alone

She turns on (15)______
guess who she sees
skater boy rockin’ up (16)_______.

She calls up her friends, they already know
and they’ve all got (17)________ to see his show

She (18)__________ along and stands in the crowd
looks up at the man that she (19)_______ (20)_________.

He was a skater boy, she said see ya later boy
he wasn’t good enough for her
now he’s a super (21)_________
slamin’ on his guitar
does your pretty face see what he’s(22) _________?

Sorry girl but you (23)________ (24)______
well (25)_______ luck that boys (26)_______ now

we are more than just (27)_________ (28)____________
this is how the (29)________ (30)_______

Too bad that you couldn’t see
see that man that boy could be

there is more that meets the (31)_______
I see the (32)________that is inside

He’s just a boy, and I’m just a girl
can I make it (33)__________obvious?

we are in love, haven’t you heard
how we (34)__________ each others world

I’m with the skater boy, I said see ya later boy
I’ll be back (35)______ after the show
I’ll be at a (36)_______
singing the (37)______we wrote
about a girl you (38)________ to know

5 comentarios:

  1. Excellent blog!

    You mix the theory provided in class and your own activities. The song is quite good and perhaps a bit challenging considering the rythm of the song is rather rapid.

    In less words, good blog, good material, good activities, and good explanations and commands for the activities.

    Cheers mate!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I really liked that you numbered every space, it helps the student to not get lost when doing the activity

    ResponderEliminar
  3. i liked your blog.... the activity is good and the song too, teh explanation of teh activity is good... you blog is really nice... congratulations...

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Really nice Taty, I liked your blog, the activities and the explanation are excellent, I agree with Nicolas , the song is rather rapid, but in general the blog is very complete.
    Good work
    Cheers!

    ResponderEliminar
  5. i like the activities in which you have to fill gaps. they demand you to listen carefully and you must pay attention if you want to fill all the gaps. this kind of exercises are really good and very useful to make the class more interesting. nice blog.

    ResponderEliminar